The World Cafe is a method of collaborative learning and knowledge-sharing that involves small group discussions and conversation. Here's a step-by-step guide for employees to use this method:
- Identify the topic for discussion: Start by considering the skills or knowledge you would like to develop. Identify the topic for discussion and the questions you would like to explore.
- Form small groups: Organize the participants into small groups of 4-6 people. Each group should have a mix of people with different experiences and perspectives.
- Start the conversation: Begin the conversation by introducing the topic and asking the questions you would like to explore. Encourage the participants to share their experiences, insights, and ideas.
- Move between tables: After 20-30 minutes, ask the participants to move to another table and continue the conversation with a new group of people. Repeat this process several times to ensure that everyone has a chance to participate in the conversation and share their perspectives.
- Reflect on the experience: After the final round of conversation, gather the participants together to reflect on the experience and what they learned. Encourage them to share their insights and identify any next steps for action.